Front Desk Associate
About the job
As a Front Desk Associate, you are both the first and last impression of our resort. You should be professional, courteous, helpful, and strive to maximize guest satisfaction.
• Greeting guests and completing the registration process to include, but not limited to; imputing and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information, making and providing a welcome packet, and ensuring the guest knows the location of their room/cottage
• Assist guests with checkout including, but not limited to; ensuring lodging and services are correctly accounted, using the POS reservation system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and handling many forms of payment, and processing gift certificates
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the resort information, including, room categories, packages, promotions, and the local area
• Use upselling techniques to promote resort services and facilities to maximize resort occupancy
• Respond to guest inquiries and requests, and resolve issues in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
• Answer all phone calls to the front desk and transfer them to the correct area or take messages
• Take dining room reservations for resort or non-resort guests, as necessary
• Maintain the cleanliness of the front desk and lobby including dusting, taking out the garbage after your shift, and sanitizing high touch areas
• Communicate with housekeeping to ensure all rooms and cottages are clean and ready for guests
• Communicate with maintenance about issues that need to be resolved
• Strong communication skills
• Computer experience is a must.
• Basic computer knowledge
• Microsoft Office knowledge is a plus
• Basic math/accounting skills
• Ability to sit and or stand for long periods of time
• Can perform under pressure
• Answer a multi-line phone
• Detail/people oriented
• Flexible schedule
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Discounts at Turn of the Century
• Discounts at The Three Coins Restaurant
Nestled among tall trees on the shores of beautiful Lake Thompson, our vast acres of playgrounds have been a welcoming destination for generations of vacationers for more than 70 years. Providing you with a relaxing and enjoyable Wisconsin vacation is the Zambon family tradition.
Featuring spring wildflowers, summer breezes, blazing autumn colors, and crystal clear winters at our Wisconsin vacation resort, Holiday Acres spills over with happy times for our guests year-round.